Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The perfect cake to have with your tea or coffee.
- 270 g unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 vanilla pod, seeded
- 100 g blanched almonds, ground
- 120 g pistachios, ground
- 250 g caster sugar
- 4 organic eggs
- 40 g plain flour
for the topping
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 60 g pistachios
- 50 g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and grease with 20g of the butter.
- Soften the remaining butter and beat it together with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the zest and vanilla seeds, then fold in the nuts and the flour.
- Pour the mixture into a 22 x 12 cm pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted into the centre, comes out clean.
- Leave to cool and then slide out of the pan.
- For the topping, mix the lemon juice with the sugar and boil until thick.
- Add the zest.
- Stir in the pistachios and pour over the cake.