Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The perfect cake to have with your tea or coffee.
Make and share this Pistachio Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and grease with 20g of the butter.
- Soften the remaining butter and beat it together with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the zest and vanilla seeds, then fold in the nuts and the flour.
- Pour the mixture into a 22 x 12 cm pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted into the centre, comes out clean.
- Leave to cool and then slide out of the pan.
- For the topping, mix the lemon juice with the sugar and boil until thick.
- Add the zest.
- Stir in the pistachios and pour over the cake.