The perfect cake to have with your tea or coffee.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 270 g unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 vanilla pod, seeded
- 100 g blanched almonds, ground
- 120 g pistachios, ground
- 250 g caster sugar
- 4 organic eggs
- 40 g plain flour
for the topping
- 1Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- 2Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and grease with 20g of the butter.
- 3Soften the remaining butter and beat it together with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add in the eggs, one at a time.
- 5Add the zest and vanilla seeds, then fold in the nuts and the flour.
- 6Pour the mixture into a 22 x 12 cm pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted into the centre, comes out clean.
- 7Leave to cool and then slide out of the pan.
- 8For the topping, mix the lemon juice with the sugar and boil until thick.
- 9Add the zest.
- 10Stir in the pistachios and pour over the cake.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5199.7
- Calories from Fat 3335
- Total Fat 370.6 g
- Saturated Fat 158.7 g
- Cholesterol 1426.5 mg
- Sodium 346.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 433.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.4 g
- Sugars 320.2 g
- Protein 94.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: