Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a tasty cake, different from the usual yellow or chocolate. It has a nice pale green color which can be made brighter with food coloring if you need it for St. Patrick's Day :) Serve it plain or with Cool Whip frosting. YUM!
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- green food coloring (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir cake mix with pudding.
- Add water and oil to mix (If you would like a greener color, maybe for St. Patrick's day, add a few drops of food coloring to the water) and beat until combined.
- Add extract and beat until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat at low speed for 5 minutes.
- Grease and flour a large tube or bundt pan and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until center tests done.
- Cool and then remove from pan.
- Eat as is or frost with Cool Whip.
This is moist and delish!I`m adding it to my plan for St. Patty`s Day! I think I`ll pour some Hazelnut Liqueur on the cake after cooking!
I made this for St. Patricks Day & forgot to review, I added the green food coloring. It was very easy & quick to do & came out very moist. I used a bundt pan & just sifted powered sugar over it. Making again very soon. Great recipe!
I made this the other night for my mom's birthday (her and her husband love pistachios)...they loved it! I made one slight change....I added another package of pistachio pudding to the cool whip and whipped it up together to make it a light green color plus give it more pistachio flavor and topped it with chopped pistachios (the sweet with a touch of salty was a hit)...what a pretty cake! She even took a few pieces to work and her co-workers loved it and all want the recipe! :) Thanks!