Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This one is from my mother-in-law. I'm not sure where it came from, but we LOVE it!
Make and share this Pistachio Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box Duncan Hines butter cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) boxroyal instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup buttery oil
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bundt cake pan.
- Combine and mix all cake ingredients.
- Combine and mix all topping ingredients, in a separate bowl.
- Add 1/2 of cake mixture to pan.
- Add 1/2 of topping mixture to pan.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake one hour.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan.
No one can't guess there is a cake mix in thie cake. I used yellow cake mix. And the pistachio pudding mix I had was not royal but it was perfect. For the topping I only used sugar and cinnamon. I didn't have walnuts and my son also didn't want walnuts on the cake. The cake is so moist. Great taste of pistachio. Thanks LibbyAnne :) Made for PAC Spring 2012