Recipe by PugGrannie
Another version of pistachio cake that I have yet to try. From FC.
Top Review by Meli
Great recipe. Super moist cake. I too used a 9x13 pan, but I used alll the cool whip mixture. I substituted a can of ginger ale instead of the 7 up, as that is what I had handy. Still came out great, and my guests agreed.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can carbonated lemon-lime beverage (such as 7 UP)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup pistachio nut, chopped (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- CAKE: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat two 9" round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom of pans with waxed paper and spray again.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, one box of pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and soda on medium-high speed for 4 minutes. Scrape down side of bowl after 2 minutes.
- Equally divide batter between prepared cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake layers in pans on wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn cake layers out directly onto rack and cool completely.
- FROSTING: In a large bowl, beat second box of pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes on medium-high speed. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate and frost top with 1 cup of the frosting.
- Place remaining layer on top and frost top and sides. Garnish with chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Store in refrigerator.