Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another version of pistachio cake that I have yet to try. From FC.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can carbonated lemon-lime beverage (such as 7 UP)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup pistachio nut, chopped (to garnish)
- CAKE: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat two 9" round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom of pans with waxed paper and spray again.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, one box of pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and soda on medium-high speed for 4 minutes. Scrape down side of bowl after 2 minutes.
- Equally divide batter between prepared cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake layers in pans on wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn cake layers out directly onto rack and cool completely.
- FROSTING: In a large bowl, beat second box of pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes on medium-high speed. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate and frost top with 1 cup of the frosting.
- Place remaining layer on top and frost top and sides. Garnish with chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Store in refrigerator.
Great recipe. Super moist cake. I too used a 9x13 pan, but I used alll the cool whip mixture. I substituted a can of ginger ale instead of the 7 up, as that is what I had handy. Still came out great, and my guests agreed.
Very good and very moist! I have no decent round cake pans so I used 9x13 stoneware. I only used half of the Cool Whip for the frosting since there was less surface area to cover. (It made plenty!). The boyfriend loves it too and the green color of the cake is fun for spring! Thanks for posting! :)