Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
The nuts add a great flavor to the tender asparagus. Quick, easy and elegant!
- 3 lbs asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3⁄4 cup pistachio nut, chopped
- In a 5 to 6 quart pan, cook asparagus, uncovered, in boiling water to cover until just barely tender when pierced, 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter with lemon juice, marjoram and pistachios until sizzling.
- Drain asparagus well and arrange on serving platter.
- Pour sauce over the cooked asparagus.
Very good. My hubby, a pistachio "nut", went crazy for this. Will definitely make again.
I've been making this recipe for quite a few years. I serve it on New Year's Eve as part of a lobster dinner. I have a feeling my guests would not show up if I tried something new. Actually it's my husband who has said he wouldn't show up. Thanks for sharing.