- 3 lbs asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3⁄4 cup pistachio nut, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5 to 6 quart pan, cook asparagus, uncovered, in boiling water to cover until just barely tender when pierced, 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter with lemon juice, marjoram and pistachios until sizzling.
- Drain asparagus well and arrange on serving platter.
- Pour sauce over the cooked asparagus.