Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy Bundt cake with a layer of chocolate batter over a layer of pistachio batter. No icing needed, I just dust it with powdered sugar.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate syrup (I use Hershey's in a can)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional, walnuts or pecans)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Mix together the cake mix and pudding mix. Pour in the water and oil and add eggs. Mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Mix the chocolate syrup into the remaining batter and the pour over the top of the batter already in cake pan. Do not stir, but may "swirl" for a marbled effect.
- Bake in the preheated over for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly, then turn out onto wire rack and cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar. (I use my flour sifter for this).
Everyone loved this and it was pretty. I used a chocolate icing and 2 boxes of pudding mix for more intense color