Recipe by Bev
A little something different to make as a gift or for a holiday party. **This recipe has been altered since the original post.
Top Review by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is a great recipe! Has a nice pistachio flavor and creamy as well. I bought shelled roasted pistachios and still warmed them in the oven. I think this gave it a nice toasted flavor. It's a *keeper* Bev ;) Thanks for Sharing and inspiring me to make another kind of brittle!!! ~V
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon extract or 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pistachios on baking sheet; bake in 300 degree F oven to keep warm while preparing candy.
- Combine sugar, butter, water and corn syrup in saucepan.
- Cook, without stirring, to soft crack stage (275 degrees F) on candy thermometer.
- Add lemon extract and pistachios.
- Pour onto foil lined baking sheet.
- Break into serving-size pieces.
- Makes approximately 36 pieces.