Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A little something different to make as a gift or for a holiday party. **This recipe has been altered since the original post.
- Place pistachios on baking sheet; bake in 300 degree F oven to keep warm while preparing candy.
- Combine sugar, butter, water and corn syrup in saucepan.
- Cook, without stirring, to soft crack stage (275 degrees F) on candy thermometer.
- Add lemon extract and pistachios.
- Pour onto foil lined baking sheet.
- Break into serving-size pieces.
- Makes approximately 36 pieces.
This is a great recipe! Has a nice pistachio flavor and creamy as well. I bought shelled roasted pistachios and still warmed them in the oven. I think this gave it a nice toasted flavor. It's a *keeper* Bev ;) Thanks for Sharing and inspiring me to make another kind of brittle!!! ~V
Although I had a very difficult time with this recipe the 1st two times around with the recipe as originally posted, AFTER it was revised, I made it yet again, & guess what ~ Third time's a real charm! This recipe makes a very, very good pistachio brittle! Many thanks, Bev, for not giving up on it ~ I followed your directions to a 'T'' & it's really great!
I was so excited to make this. I wanted to crush it up for homemade icecream. Something went way wrong. I am not sure if it was an altitude thin or what But I make candy to sell at cChristmas time and I tried everything I could think of. I never got past the dissolving the sugar w/ the water...it was so think and grainy and after 1-1/2 hrs and three batches I just threw in the towel. If someone knows of something I missed Please feel free to z-mail me because I have the pistachios ready to go and a hankering to taste this!!!!