Recipe by mandabears
Another recipe that I have no clue where I got it from. Really good in the morning with coffee and the morning newspaper.
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
My grandma has been making this sans topping and bringing it to every family gathering for the past 3 years or so. Everyone loves it. My favorite version, that she brings for Thanksgiving and Christmas, is the pumpkin. She substitutes the pistachio pudding with instant pumpkin pudding and adds some pumpkin pie spice. It is delicious!
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix, i use duncan hines
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix, i use jello
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream, i use low fat
- 4 eggs, i use egg beaters
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, i use brownulated
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans, i toast them first
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or spray 2 loaf pans.
- Layer batter and crumb mixture evenlly between the loaf pans, end with crumb mixture on top.
- Use a butter knife to marble the layers.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.