Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy bread using mixes to make it even quicker, and is also very moist. I like to make it for Christmas to have out for guests but it is wonderful anytime.
- 524.46 g package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml water
- 85.04 g package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml maraschino cherry
- 2.46 ml green food coloring
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 29.58 ml white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5" loaf pans.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, water, pudding mix, sour cream, cherries, and food coloring.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- In a small bowl, stir together cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle tops of loaves with mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
We love this bread. It comes out so moist and pretty. I have given it for gifts for Christmas and everybody enjoys it.
Yummy, moist...more a cake than a bread. I substituted hydrated Craisins for the maraschino cherries. (Add boiling water and let them sit for 10-15 minutes.) Baked in ceramic mini-loaf pans, wrapped w/holiday cellophane, and included the recipe for gifts to coworkers. Many rave reviews! 5 stars!
I have made this many times now and it always gets rave reviews. It is so simple and easy to make, I would like to try adapting it for use with a couple of other flavor combinations.