In Italy, a cup of espresso or cappuccino just wouldn't be complete without biscotti.
Make and share this Pistachio Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Position rack in center of oven.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, butter, oil, vanilla and almond extracts and lemon peel in a large bowl.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Form dough into a 15x4 ½-inch log or prepared sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes until edges are lightly browned and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Keep oven on.
- With serrated knife, cut log on angle into 18 ½” thick slices.
- Lay slices flat on cookie sheet and bake until bottom of cookie turn golden about 10-12 minutes.
- Turn cookies over and bake 10-12 minutes more.
- Cool cookies on wire racks.
- Note: if you can't find pistachio, you can substitute almonds.
This recipe was awesome! I did it just as said and it turned out great. Everyone loved it!
5 stars for taste! I made these as a gift for my DIL, who loves biscotti. I had a challenge forming them and added more flour. They didn't look so great, but tasted wonderful. I added some craisins to make them more Christmasy! Thanks!