Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A delicious nutty cookie. Dip in your coffee or tea and let the flavor take you to italy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon milk (if needed)
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking poweder in a bowl.
- Cut in butter wih a pastry blender or two knives.
- Add eggs, and almond extract. If the dough is two dry add milk.
- Mix in pistachios.
- Divide dough in half.
- On lightly floured surface, shape dough into two 10-inch-logs.
- Place logs on prepared cookie sheet.
- Flatten to 2-1/2-inch width.
- Bake in oven at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Using two spatulas, transfer the logs to a rack to cool for about 20 minutes or so.
- With a serrated knife, cut each log diagonally into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- Put back on cookie sheet and bake for another 10 minutes or until cookies are golden, at 350 degrees.
- Cool and store them in a container for up to 2 weeks.
These biscotti have a great taste. But I had problems with the dough. It was too thick. You said 1 tbs of milk if needed. I used it. But I think I added 2-3 tbs more. Cause it was so hard to mix all together. After that, the result was great. But I cooked it longer to have them golden. Thanks Dundra :) Made for PAC Spring 2010