Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice tasty shortbread sprinkled with chopped pistachios, yummy! And these are so easy! Take the butter out of your fridge the night before so it nicely softens. I make the dough in my kitchenaide mixer which works great and makes it so easy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (3 sticks)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pistachio nut, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixer at medium speed, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar until fluffy.
- At low speed gradually beat in flour.
- Press evenly in bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with pistachio nuts. Press lightly into dough.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 45 - 60 minutes (mine only needed 45) until golden.
- Cut into bars while still hot.
- Cool pan on wire rack.