Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice variation on a classic, this is adapted from Cooking Light
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (about 3)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pistachios
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F; spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl; whisk well.
- Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition.
- Add bananas, sour cream, cardamom; beat well.
- Add flour mixture; beat well until a moist batter is formed.
- Stir in pistachios and pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 1 hour until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, remove from pan, cool on wire rack completely.
I baked this bread in my AMC Dutch Oven this afternoon for 1 hour 15 minutes. I used low-fat plain yogurt as a substitute for the sour cream. Inspite of it baking for so long, the bread was very moist on the inside. Tastewise, it was ok but not as good as expected. Sorry.