Recipe by cookiedog
BHG $400 winner in the Crunch Kitchen Favorites category, January 2007. Cook time is approximate.
Top Review by HeidiSue
Well, I am not at all surprised, but you have another hit! We really enjoyed this. It is so quick, so easy and so impressive looking. I halved the recipe for just the two of us. I didn't serve it with pesto, but on top on pasta tossed in basil pesto. It was slightly too sweet, but that is easily fixed by reducing the brown sugar a bit, that's just a matter of preference of course. Thanks Cookiedog!
- 1 cup salted dry roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed (6 fillets, 6 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 cup purchased basil pesto (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl combine pistachio nuts, brown sugar, lemon juice, dillweed, and pepper; set aside.
- Place salmon fillets in a greased, foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Measure thickness of fish.
- Spoon pistachio mixture evenly on each fillet.
- Gently press in place to form a crust.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes for each 1/2-inch thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Pass pesto to serve with fish.