Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
BHG $400 winner in the Crunch Kitchen Favorites category, January 2007. Cook time is approximate.
Make and share this Pistachio Baked Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup salted dry roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed (6 fillets, 6 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 cup purchased basil pesto (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl combine pistachio nuts, brown sugar, lemon juice, dillweed, and pepper; set aside.
- Place salmon fillets in a greased, foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Measure thickness of fish.
- Spoon pistachio mixture evenly on each fillet.
- Gently press in place to form a crust.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes for each 1/2-inch thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Pass pesto to serve with fish.
Well, I am not at all surprised, but you have another hit! We really enjoyed this. It is so quick, so easy and so impressive looking. I halved the recipe for just the two of us. I didn't serve it with pesto, but on top on pasta tossed in basil pesto. It was slightly too sweet, but that is easily fixed by reducing the brown sugar a bit, that's just a matter of preference of course. Thanks Cookiedog!
WOW - this is simply wow! So quickly made and so tasty. I used honey instead of brown sugar and reduced it to half the amount because honey is much sweeter than brown sugar. The salmon remains so juicy, and the lemon balances the sweetness nicely. Thanks for posting this fabulous recipe!
Made for Best of 2010.