Recipe by Jillsybean
Unbelievably, this dish came to me in a dream. When I tried it out the next day it was met with praise. It goes well with fish dishes, or could be served cold with salad. Don't shy away from the cranberries, they really make the dish.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted shelled pistachio
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, chopped in half or to 'bite-size'
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper, to season
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes in a pan of water until soft.
- While they're boiling, dice bell peppers and finely chop pistachios (remove pistachios from shell, but don't worry about taking the brown 'skin' off the green flesh).
- Remove and drain potatoes when done.
- Lightly fry peppers with black pepper to season. When they start to brown add potato chunks and nuts. Use oil very sparingly.
- Sauté potatoes, stirring regularly, until they are light gold in colour.
- Sprinkle with cranberries and serve.