1/1 Photo of Pistachio and Potato Side Dish
Unbelievably, this dish came to me in a dream. When I tried it out the next day it was met with praise. It goes well with fish dishes, or could be served cold with salad. Don't shy away from the cranberries, they really make the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potatoes in a pan of water until soft.
- 2While they're boiling, dice bell peppers and finely chop pistachios (remove pistachios from shell, but don't worry about taking the brown 'skin' off the green flesh).
- 3Remove and drain potatoes when done.
- 4Lightly fry peppers with black pepper to season. When they start to brown add potato chunks and nuts. Use oil very sparingly.
- 5Sauté potatoes, stirring regularly, until they are light gold in colour.
- 6Sprinkle with cranberries and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio and Potato Side Dish
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g