Recipe by Aussie-In-California
I started making this recipe for our baked goodies tray that we give out to friends and family for the holidays. Frankly I just wanted something simple and easy to throw together. Turns out everybody loves them and ask me to give them the recipe. Well here is that recipe my friends.
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 236.59 ml pistachios, salted and shelled
- 236.59 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- vegetable oil
- parchment paper or butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly butter a large baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl lightly beat the eggs, then the vanilla extract.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients together to form a dough.
- Coat your hands with oil and add the cranberries and pistachios blending them into the dough by hand.
- On the baking sheet make 3 x 6-8" long logs that are about 2" in diameter.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove logs from oven and with a serrated knife cut the logs into diagonal 1/2-1" slices and place them back on the baking tray cut side up. Bake another 5-7 minutes till lightly golden. Transfer onto a cooling rack.
- When completely cooled you can drizzle melted dark chocolate to decorate.