This version is from Bon Appetit. Can't wait to try for the holidays!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter 3 heavy large baking sheets. Using electric mixer, beat 2 cups butter and 1 cup powdered sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and salt, then pistachios and cherries. Using spatula, stir in all flour (do not overmix dough).
- 3Shape dough by generous tablespoonfuls into football-shaped ovals. Place on prepared baking sheets, spacing 1" apart. Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, until bottoms just begin to brown, about 16 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets 10 minutes before coating.
- 4Pour generous amount of powdered sugar into medium bowl. WOrking with 5-6 warm cookies at a time, add cookies to bowl of sugar; gently turn to coat thickly. Transfer cookies to sheet of waxed paper. Repeat to coat cookies with sugar again, cool completely.
- 5Can be made 4 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio and Cherry Wedding Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (1549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1075.1
- Calories from Fat 597
- Total Fat 66.3 g
- Saturated Fat 37.0 g
- Cholesterol 150.1 mg
- Sodium 370.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 13.9 g