Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This version is from Bon Appetit. Can't wait to try for the holidays!
Make and share this Pistachio and Cherry Wedding Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar (plus more for coating)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted shelled pistachio, chopped (about 4 oz.)
- 1 cup dried tart cherries or 1 cup cranberries
- 3 1⁄3 cups cake flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 3 heavy large baking sheets. Using electric mixer, beat 2 cups butter and 1 cup powdered sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and salt, then pistachios and cherries. Using spatula, stir in all flour (do not overmix dough).
- Shape dough by generous tablespoonfuls into football-shaped ovals. Place on prepared baking sheets, spacing 1" apart. Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, until bottoms just begin to brown, about 16 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets 10 minutes before coating.
- Pour generous amount of powdered sugar into medium bowl. WOrking with 5-6 warm cookies at a time, add cookies to bowl of sugar; gently turn to coat thickly. Transfer cookies to sheet of waxed paper. Repeat to coat cookies with sugar again, cool completely.
- Can be made 4 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.