Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a different version of Ambrosia with a touch of the green for St. Patty's Day. A hand me down recipe from a company pot luck. Cook time is time needed for chilling.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- In medium bowl mix together both cans of pineapple.
- Sprinkle pudding mix over pineapple and let sit about 3 minutes.
- Add nuts and coconut.
- Blend in whip topping and marshmallows, combining well.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
This was delicious, and very easy to prepare. I always wanted the recipe for this, so now that I have it and it turned out so good, I will be making this again and again.
I made this for my husband over St. Patrick's Day because he loves pistachios. It was a hit. Thanks for the recipe. It's a bit like Watergate Salad but with coconut.
This was awesome! I couldn't stop eating it and DH absolutely loved it. In fact, we ate the whole thing in one day. Can you say "oink"?