Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can make this ahead, cover, and chill it overnight. It will be too firm to spread then, so let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup pistachio nut
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into pieces (no substitutes)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange rind
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Combine pistachio nuts, almonds, butter, honey, orange peel, and orange juice in a food processor bowl.
- Cover and process until mixture is the consistency of butter.
- Serve at once or cover and chill. Serve with apple or pear wedges.
I was looking for a pistachio butter recipe and this one sounded the best. I didn't have an orange, so I used some apple juice and it turned out great. Can't wait to spread it on a crescent roll tomorrow. Thanks!
I can't wait to try this! It is one of the healthiest and simplest recipes using pistachios! I can tell it will be great.