Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3⁄4 cup pistachio nut, shelled and skinned
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup brown rice syrup or 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender, grind nuts to a powder and put in a small bowl.
- Add water, oil, and syrup.
- Mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and five-spice powder.
- Stir in nut mixture to form a dough.
- Form 1ö balls and bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- *NOTE:This recipe is gluten and dairy free.
I definitely can't believe why nobody made and rated these cookies yet! They are extremely delectable little gems. The only change I made was to use a mix of honey and maple syrup and reduce it to 1/2 cup. That's the perfect sweetness for me, but if you like it sweeter, 2/3 cup should be great. Thanks for sharing this gluten free treat!
Made for Bargain Basement.