Indian Chef's Note:
Phirni (pronounced as Phi-r-ni) is one of the most famous desserts from beautiful state of Jammu and Kashmir. It's also one of the most popular exotic desserts served in most North Indian restaurants and tastes best when cooled in earthen mugs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a non-stick saucepan bring milk and sugar to boil.
- 2Over a moderately low heat add rice and 1 tsp cardamom powder and stir constantly till mixture turns thick. (Don't stop stirring as the thick mixture can burn easily).
- 3Add blanched, sliced almonds and roasted pistachios.
- 4Cook some more until mixture becomes thick and smooth.
- 5Fill in martini glasses or mud pots. Set aside to cool. This should take about an 1 hour or so.
- 6Sprinkle remaining cardamom powder over the phirni and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pista-Badam Phirni (Pistachio and Almonds Rice Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.1
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 119.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: