Recipe by Ms*Bindy
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Recipe is from Moosewood Restaurant
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I couldn't resist trying after seeing the wonderful photo by NcMysteryShopper! Since I prepared my crust a few days earlier (in freezer) this took just a few min. to prepare! It tasted like a pizza with a French "flair" to it. My husband especially enjoyed the presentation of it (it looks like you spent a lot of time on it!). It reheated nicely the next day for lunch. Thanks Ms. Bindy for making me look good! Roxygirl
- pastry dough, for one 9-inch pie
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (1 Tbsp dried)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (4 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out pastry dough and line a 9-inch pie pan with it.
- Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil until tender and lightly golden.
- Add the basil and salt.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Thoroughly mix the eggs, milk, mustard and flour and set aside.
- Combine the 2 cheeses.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese into the pie shell.
- Spread the sauteed onions over the cheese.
- Scatter on the olives.
- Pour the egg-milk mixture into the pie.
- Cover with remaining cheese and arrange the tomato slices on top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until set.