Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is Southern France's answer to the pizza. Delicious!
Top Review by Lightly Toasted
OK....I admit it....I was VERY skeptical....anchovies...yuck...but this was really good. The flavor combination was great. Big hit at my birthday party! I used 2 roma tomatoes, since I love their flavor.
- 1 8 inch tart pastry dough, in tart pan with removable sides
- 1 large fresh ripe tomatoes, peeled,cored
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise,then cut crosswise into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ounces flat anchovy fillets, drained,chopped coarse
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives (about 10)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomato into 4-5 slices, each 3/8 of an inch thick.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until rippling.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in onion and garlic.
- Saute, stirring often, until onion is soft but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange tomatoes in single layer in pastry shell.
- Spoon onion mixture over tomatoes; sprinkle with chopped anchovies and Parmesan.
- Bake until cheese begins to turn light brown, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle top of tart evenly with olives and parsley; remove sides of pan.
- Serve immediately.