Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is Southern France's answer to the pizza. Delicious!
- 1 8 inch tart pastry dough, in tart pan with removable sides
- 1 large fresh ripe tomatoes, peeled,cored
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise,then cut crosswise into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ounces flat anchovy fillets, drained,chopped coarse
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives (about 10)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cut tomato into 4-5 slices, each 3/8 of an inch thick.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until rippling.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in onion and garlic.
- Saute, stirring often, until onion is soft but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange tomatoes in single layer in pastry shell.
- Spoon onion mixture over tomatoes; sprinkle with chopped anchovies and Parmesan.
- Bake until cheese begins to turn light brown, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle top of tart evenly with olives and parsley; remove sides of pan.
- Serve immediately.
OK....I admit it....I was VERY skeptical....anchovies...yuck...but this was really good. The flavor combination was great. Big hit at my birthday party! I used 2 roma tomatoes, since I love their flavor.