Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from Rachael Ray and posted for ZWT - France
Make and share this Pissaladière recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme, plus 1 tbs leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- salt and pepper
- one 2-ounce can anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 16 pitted small nicoise olives, halved lengthwise
- 16 grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and the thyme and rosemary sprigs; season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened and browned, about 25 minutes. Discard the herb sprigs and fold in the anchovies and thyme leaves.
- Meanwhile, place the puff pastry on a 1-foot-long sheet of parchment paper and roll out to form a 10 1/2-inch square. Transfer to a baking sheet. Using a fork, prick the pastry all over, leaving 1-inch border. Refrgerate until ready to assemble.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Brush the pastry border with the egg wash. Spread the onions evenly over the center of the pastry and sprinkle with the olives and tomatoes. Bake until the edges are golden and the bottom is browned, about 20 minutes. Slice into quarters; serve warm or at room temperature.
Delicious! Very easy to make, and utterly yummy :) I used gluten free puff pastry but otherwise followed the recipe to the letter. Thanks for sharing!
Made for the Lively Lemon Lovelies for ZWT8 / France