Posted in reply to a "recipe request." I've had this recipe for some years, and I'm clueless as to where/who I got it from. The 20 minute "prep time" includes the 10 minutes to roll the baked cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F Spray 2 baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray.
- 2Using a food processor with the metal blade, combine Confectioners' sugar and ground nuts; process until mixture is very fine.
- 3Add granulated sugar, flour and salt and process until well combined.
- 4Add egg whites, corn syrup, margarine and vanilla and process until dough is formed.
- 5Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls (about 2 1/2-inches apart), onto prepared baking sheets.
- 6Bake cookies until edges are golden (about 5 minutes).
- 7Remove from oven and place sheets on wire racks.
- 8Using spatula, place cookie on a clean kitchen towel (NOT terrycloth); and carefully roll the warm cookie tightly around the handle of wooden spoon or dowel, pressing firmly as you roll.
- 9Carefully, slide the cookie off the spoon handle.
- 10Place cookie on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 11Repeat with remaining cookies.
- 12NOTE: Try to work quickly as you roll each cookie, they must be very warm to roll-- once they have cooled too much, they will not roll.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pirouette Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 0.6 g