Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Hot Sauce This is a good sauce for various recipes such as sea food and many other recipes. Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 fresh jalapenos, coarsely chopped,stems,seeds and all
- 1 poblano pepper, coarsely chopped,stems,seeds and all
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Combine all of the ingredients except the garlic in a medium, heavy saucepan over high heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, remove from heat, and cool to room temperature.
- When the mixture is cool, pour into the bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse several times until smooth.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a clean container, and refrigerate, tightly covered, for 7 days before using.