Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
this is not my own personal recipe, i added it for the zaar world tour game and now zaar reps refuse to remove it.
- 1 (6 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 3 bird chiles, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned with tail
- wooden skewer, soaked overnight
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Mango Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 mango, pureed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, small dice
- Whisk together coconut milk, garlic, chiles, zest, and paprika.
- Add shrimp and marinate overnight, refrigerated.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water overnight.
- Heat grill or grill pan.
- Drain shrimp and season shrimp with salt and pepper, toss in vegetable oil and skewer.
- Grill 1 1/2 minutes on both sides or until shrimp are opaque.
- Serve with the Mango Dipping Sauce.