Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband loves piri piri sauce. He first had it when we went to the Portuguese restaurant chain Nandos and now I have to buy a bottle of it a week. So, I figured I should find an actual recipe for it and try doing it myself. This recipe comes from British tv chef Simon Rimmer who is a chef I particularly enjoy.
- 6 small red chilies, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 1⁄2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Place the chillies, garlic, lemon juice, salt and olive oil in a food processor.
- Process until thoroughly blended.
- Serve as a dipping sauce.
I added 1/4 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika and 1 tablespoon fresh flat leave parsley! Of coarse I use Spanish olive oil. This is nice and spicy yet not heavy. I used it on Empanadas With Ham, Cheese and Olives. Muchas gracias!