Recipe by LAURIE
Our high school team is the Pirates so this was a staple for a long time on Friday nights to eat before heading out to a football or basketball game. It is equally as good with leftover chicken or roast beef or ham.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
I came home from a long day at work, desperate for some good comfort food...this definitely fit the bill. I made mashed potatoes from scratch, with sour cream and lots of pepper. I used tuna and cheddar cheese...it was very nice. Thanks for sharing this recipe (Go Pirates!).
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna (or equal amount of chicken, beef or ham)
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, your choice (we like swiss with chicken or ham or cheddar with tuna or beef)
- 2 -3 cups cooked leftover mashed potatoes (or instant cooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Add to separated tuna chunks or other meat cut into chunks.
- Add mushrooms and parsley.
- Place mixture it bottom of greased 9 inch pie pan.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Cut cheese slices into triangles and arrange over tomatoes.
- Frost with mashed potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and cheese melts.
- Cut it wedges and serve immediately.