Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Perfect for Thanksgiving. The Pirates' House is a restaurant in Savannah, GA. This is from their cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup saltine crumbs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, stale
- 1 cup chicken stock, use as needed
- Melt butter in skillet and sauté onion and celery until tender.
- Combine with parsley, pecans, eggs and pepper.
- Mix together with cracker crumbs and bread crumbs.
- Add enough stock to moisten; stuffing should not be too wet.
- Stuff into bird or bake in greased, covered baking dish at 350°F for 1 hour, uncovering for the last 5 minutes of baking time.