Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
From the Savannah GA restaurant. Oooh so creamy.
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crusts
- 3 egg yolks
- 15 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lime, rind of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk egg yolks, milk, lime peel, and juice. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Whip cream with sugar and serve on top of pie. Garnish with lime slices.
This is a really nice, easy key lime pie recipe, very tart and creamy. I used bottled key lime juice for the sake of convenience, but fresh is always better. If you buy a deep dish pie crust, you'll want to double the recipe. Thanks for a great recipe I'll use again. Made for ZWT III