Recipe by Allan Lee
This is a very nice version of grog that I've been working on. You might want to add in some triple sec or if you've got it, rock candy syrup, if you've got sweeter tastes.
- 2 ounces dark aged rum
- 1 teaspoon zested fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar, in the raw
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 3 ounces fresh ice cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a tall glass pour in the rum, sugar and lime juice.
- I zest the ginger in, what you're really looking for is the pulp, not the skin. Then you muddle it for a while until you're satisfied with the mixture.
- Pour over double old fashioned glass half filled with crushed ice. (try and strain out the ginger pieces)
- Top with water and give a bit of a stir and enjoy!