Baby Kato's Note:
It doesn’t get any better than this, a tender, fragrant Spice Cake, served with Vanilla Ice Cream & Golden Peaches in Rum Sauce. Truly a dessert fit for the Captain and his crew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8-1/4 cup golden raisin (chopped)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Golden Peaches in Rum Sauce
- 1Spice Cake:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3Generously grease and flour a Bundt cake pan.
- 4In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, spices and salt, mix well.
- 5Now add the eggs, sour cream, evaporated milk, vegetable oil and beat for 2 minutes, make sure it is well blended, then mix in the raisins and spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- 6Bake for 38 to 43 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Make sure to check cake at the 35 minute mark to see if it is neccessary to continue baking.
- 7Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then invert the baked cake onto the rack and allow too cool completely.
- 8Golden Peaches in Rum Sauce:.
- 9While the cake is baking start the sauce, put a saute pan on medium heat and melt the butter.
- 10Now, add reserved peach juice, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla, stir until dissolved.
- 11When dissolved add the peaches and rum and cook until sauce is thickened, about 6 -10 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat and cool slightly. May be served warm or at room temperature.
- 13When ready to serve, slice the cake, add a scope of vanilla ice cream if using and cover with the golden peaches in rum sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pirates Golden Treasure Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2693 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6827.9
- Calories from Fat 2886
- Total Fat 320.7 g
- Saturated Fat 131.6 g
- Cholesterol 1047.3 mg
- Sodium 7284.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 879.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.1 g
- Sugars 631.7 g
- Protein 68.7 g