Baby Kato's Note:
It doesn’t get any better than this, a tender, fragrant Spice Cake, served with Vanilla Ice Cream & Golden Peaches in Rum Sauce. Truly a dessert fit for the Captain and his crew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8-1/4 cup golden raisin (chopped)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Golden Peaches in Rum Sauce
- 1Spice Cake:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3Generously grease and flour a Bundt cake pan.
- 4In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, spices and salt, mix well.
- 5Now add the eggs, sour cream, evaporated milk, vegetable oil and beat for 2 minutes, make sure it is well blended, then mix in the raisins and spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- 6Bake for 38 to 43 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Make sure to check cake at the 35 minute mark to see if it is neccessary to continue baking.
- 7Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then invert the baked cake onto the rack and allow too cool completely.
- 8Golden Peaches in Rum Sauce:.
- 9While the cake is baking start the sauce, put a saute pan on medium heat and melt the butter.
- 10Now, add reserved peach juice, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla, stir until dissolved.
- 11When dissolved add the peaches and rum and cook until sauce is thickened, about 6 -10 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat and cool slightly. May be served warm or at room temperature.
- 13When ready to serve, slice the cake, add a scope of vanilla ice cream if using and cover with the golden peaches in rum sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pirates Golden Treasure Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2693 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6827.9
- Calories from Fat 2886
- Total Fat 320.7 g
- Saturated Fat 131.6 g
- Cholesterol 1047.3 mg
- Sodium 7284.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 879.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.1 g
- Sugars 631.7 g
- Protein 68.7 g