Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe my husband got from one of the many grilling classes he's taken. Yummy!
Make and share this Pirate Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 lbs beef sirloin steaks, 1 1/2-2 inches thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients in asaucepan, except steak,salt and pepper; simmer 30 minutes.
- Brush meat with sauce.
- Place steak on grill 4 inches from medium coals.
- Cook 15 minutes on each side, basting frequently with sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper after turning and after removing from grill.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
I really liked this, but next time I may cut back on the salad oil. It made the sauce a little greasy. Overall, it was very easily made with ingredients I had on hand. I may even try it on some grilled pork. Thanks!
I marinated the steak in half the mixture for several hours before grilling. The remainder was a good sauce to serve on the side.
A total repeat in our home! I wasn't sure about it, but it was really good. We used Guiness Beer and it wasn't too strong at all.