Recipe by dicentra
International Talk Like a Pirate Day is Sept 19th. This is from Epicurious. This marinade can be used on meat or fish. It is enough for 1-2 pounds of meat.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 dashes hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat canola oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add onions and garlic and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, and stir in remaining ingredients. Let cool to room temperature
- Pour cooled marinade into shallow dish for marinating 1-2 pound of meat or tofu.