1/2 Photos of Piragi Latvian Bacon Rolls
3 hrs 15 mins
Mama's callin u's Note:
A childhood favorite. Nothing compares to Grandma's warm Piragis!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 2 cups whole milk, scalded
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 cups flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Fry bacon and ham in pan for about five minutes. Drain and cool in fridge.
- 2Sprinkle yeast over warm water and sugar. let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Scald milk in a saucepan.
- 4Add sugar, salt, and butter. Allow mixture to cool until it is lukewarm.
- 5Add 3 1/2 cups flour, sour cream, egg yolks and yeast.
- 6Beat with spoon until smooth and shiny.
- 7Cover bowl and let rest for 1 hour.
- 8Turn out on floured board and gradually add remaining flour kneading until dough is elastic.
- 9Let rise another 45 mins Preheat oven to 400.
- 10Roll out dough until about 1/4 inch thick.
- 11Cut circles into dough. A small drinking glass is ideal size.
- 12Spoon 1 tsp of filling on to each circle.
- 13Fold over. Press and tuck under seam.
- 14Place rolls on greased cookie sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- 15Let rise about 20 minutes.
- 16bake at 400 for 10 mins or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Piragi Latvian Bacon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.1
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 251.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.9 g