Recipe by jennifer in new jersey
This recipe comes from "What's Cooking" Newsletter from Wholefoods Market. I think Piquillo Peppers are the brand of roasted peppers so you could make your own if you cannot find them or use a substitute brand. I am sure that this brand was chosen because there are no pesticides used in growing them. I have not tried this yet but it looks very delicious. Cooking time reflects refrigeration time.
- 1 (8 ounce) jar piquillo peppers
- 1 (4 ounce) can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagemild soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- balsamic white cava vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a med. mixing bowl combine tuna, spinach, onion and goat cheese.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Gently stuff individual peppers with the tuna mixture, careful not to split them.
- Refrigerate stuffed peppers in a single layer for about 2-3 hours.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar.