Piquillo Pepper Chicken With Spanish Rice
- In small saucepan, bring broth, raisins, 1 tablespoons olive oil, turmeric, and saffron to a boil. Stir in rice, cover pot and simmer over low heat for about 18 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook for 6 minutes on each side, until no longer pink. Transfer to a plate to keep warm until the rest of the meal is ready.
- Add piquillo peppers to skillet and heat through, about 2 minutes. Add sherry and boil until slightly reduced, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add butter and half of the parsley, turn off the heat, and stir to melt butter. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Add the rest of the parsley and the almonds to cooked rice and fluff with a fork. Serve rice alongside chicken.