Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine.
Make and share this Piquillo Pepper Chicken With Spanish Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch saffron thread (or 1 envelope saffron powder)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 4 piquillo peppers, jarred, drained and sliced (or 2 jarred roasted red peppers)
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- In small saucepan, bring broth, raisins, 1 tablespoons olive oil, turmeric, and saffron to a boil. Stir in rice, cover pot and simmer over low heat for about 18 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook for 6 minutes on each side, until no longer pink. Transfer to a plate to keep warm until the rest of the meal is ready.
- Add piquillo peppers to skillet and heat through, about 2 minutes. Add sherry and boil until slightly reduced, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add butter and half of the parsley, turn off the heat, and stir to melt butter. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Add the rest of the parsley and the almonds to cooked rice and fluff with a fork. Serve rice alongside chicken.