Very flavorful frittata that features zucchini but would be equally delicious substituting asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower or yellow summer squash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 whole eggs
- 7 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms (about 6 oz)
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped bottled roasted red pepper, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a medium bowl combine the eggs, egg whites, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grindings of black pepper and stir in the mozzarella.
- 2Lightly coat a large oven-safe nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat.
- 3Add the onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- 4Add the zucchini, red peppers, thyme, 1/4 teaspoons salt and pinch black pepper. Cook the mixture, stirring, 4 minutes.
- 5Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook over medium-high heat for 7 minutes. As the eggs begin to set, run a spatula around the edges and tilt the skillet to allow any uncooked egg to run under the cooked portions.
- 6Do not stir. When the eggs are almost set, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- 7Preheat the broiler.
- 8Sprinkle Parmesan on top of the eggs. Broil the frittata for 4 minutes or until the Parmesan is lightly browned.
- 9Cut the frittata into 6 wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Piquant Vegetarian Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.9
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 160.6 mg
- Sodium 730.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 16.9 g