Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Roasted chicken with a savory glaze, a touch sweetness provided from the apricot jam.
Make and share this Piquant Roasted Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, without pits
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up
- Put the first 6 ingredients (for the glaze) into a food processor or blender, and process until a thick paste forms.
- Arrange chicken pieces in roasting pan, top each piece with 1-3 tbsp of glaze, depending on size of piece.
- Roast at 400F 75 minutes, or until juices run clear from dark meat pieces.
- May cover with foil partially through cooking time if glaze is beginning to burn.
This is very tasty and easy. I followed the recipe ingredients but I don't have a food processor so I didn't form a paste. I also used chicken breast sliced in 3rds. It cooked for 45 minutes and was done. The ingredients went together very well. Made for Market Tag 2007.