Recipe by LAURIE
This comes from Prince Edward Island Canada, (home of Anne of Green Gables fame.) It is a colorful blend of beans and carrots with a nice crisp texture. Posted for the Zaar World Tour to Canada, 2005.
- 3⁄4 cup whole frozen yellow beans, thawed, rinsed in warm water and drained
- 3⁄4 cup frozen green beans, thawed, rinsed in warm water and drained
- 1 cup frozen baby carrots, thawed, rinsed in warm water and drained
- 4 slices smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the smoked bacon and cook in a sauté pan until crisp.
- Drain crisp bacon on dry paper towels and reserve 2 tablespoons of Bacon Fat in a bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients into the Bacon Fat.
- In a hot pan, add the vegetables and heat until warm, stirring often.
- Add the Bacon Fat mixture and the crisp Bacon.
- Stir well in the pan and serve immediately.