Recipe by Gagoo
Horseradish gives this succulent pot roast just a hint of zesty flavor. From DiabeticLiving.com
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place meat in slow cooker & top with onions.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, the 1/4 cup water, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper; pour over meat and onions.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer meat and onions to a serving platter. For sauce, transfer juices from cooker to a small saucepan. Skim off fat. In a small bowl, stir together flour and the 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir into the mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Serve with meat and onions.