Recipe by CulinaryQueen
Four ingredients: Peaches, cream, chocolate and almonds. What's not to like? Bananas can also be used in place of peaches. Cooking time includes chilling time.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Amazed someone hasn t tried this before. It is a great little dessert for a hot day (or any day) and never any left. We are having 100% humidity right now so looking for anything that does not require turning on the oven for too long.
- 4 fresh peaches
- 10 ounces light cream
- 2 ounces almonds, flaked
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill/broiler.
- Place peaches in a saucepan, pour boiling water over them and leave for one minute.
- Drain and remove skins, cut in half and remove stones.
- Place peaches, cut side down, in a large, shallow, ovenproof dish.
- Spoon cream over peaches to cover.
- Scatter almonds over the peaches.
- Grill slowly for 3-4 minutes until the cream becomes 'fudgy' and almonds just lightly browned.
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water.
- Dribble over the peaches and cream.
- Serve immediately.