Recipe by Sue Lau
One of my favorite ways to have green beans. I could eat the whole pan and forget the rest of dinner! I really could!
Top Review by HeatherFeather
While this recipe contains many ingredients I usually enjoy, I am sorry to report that this just didn't work out as well as expected. I found the taste to be very vinegary - it completely overwhelmed the beans for me. I love the taste of vinegar, but the vinegary sauce didn't work for me. I am very sorry - I had truly expected to enjoy this more.
- 1 lb fresh stringless green beans
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil or 2 teaspoons bacon fat
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons beet sugar (or sugar)
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the green beans for cooking by rinsing and removing tips.
- Steam green beans 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet heat fat or oil and cook onion until caramelized; add garlic.
- Add green beans to skillet and stir thoroughly.
- In a small bowl mix together vinegar and sugar and pour over beans, stirring well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix in bacon crumbles.