1/1 Photo of Piquant Chicken With Basil (Oamc)
* Pamela *'s Note:
Adapted from "Cook Now, Eat Later" by M. Berry. To serve immediately, brown chicken in oil or butter, if desired, before placing in shallow dish, layer remaining ingredients and bake for 20 minutes until tender; sprinkle with basil and serve immediately. Serve with your favourite pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breasts (skin removed)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 6 sprigs fresh basil, shredded
- 1Place chicken and remaining ingredients (except for fresh basil) in a large ziplock freezer bag.
- 2Remove as much air from the bag as possible then label and freeze.
- 3To serve, remove from fridge to thaw chicken overnight.
- 4Transfer package contents to an oven proof baking dish.
- 5Bake for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 6Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Piquant Chicken With Basil (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 831.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: