Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very few ingredients in this recipe--the chili sauce and apricots balance each other well, creating a great depth of flavor without being too sweet. Altered from a 365 Ways to Cook Chicken Recipe.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 chicken breast halves, with bone (could do without too)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard (Dijon)
- salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken and cook, turning, until browned, about 10 minutes. Pour off any extra fat in the pan.
- Add broth to pan and simmer, covered (30 minutes), until the chicken is fork tender. Remove chicken to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a small bowl. combine preserves, chili sauce, and mustard. Stir into liquid in the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over chicken and serve.