Troy A. Hakala's Note:
These flavorful tortillas were used at the bakery for our breakfast burritos, which had scrambled eggs, cheese, salsa, fried potatoes, and sour cream. I also use them to make bean burritos, quesadillas, and as an accompaniment with a bowl of pinto beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flours, baking powder, and salt.
- 2Stir in the oil and water all at once, using mixer or a fork, and toss quickly.
- 3When dough can be gathered into a soft mass, turn onto floured surface and knead a few times.
- 4Form 8 balls of dough, dredge in flour, and store in a plastic bag to prevent drying until ready to be used.
- 5Flatten first ball of dough into a disk.
- 6Roll out dough on floured surface until 7 inches or larger with even strokes that do not reach to the edge, turning over frequently.
- 7Place tortilla in ungreased, frying pan that has been preheated to medium-high heat.
- 8Cook 30-40 seconds on one side, turn over with spatula and cook 30-40 seconds on other side., First side should be pale and sprinkled with brown spots and the other side will be blotched.
- 9Repeat process with other balls of dough.
- 10Stack tortillas on a plate as they are cooked and cover them with a dish towel, which will keep them soft.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pipin' Hot Bakery Whole Wheat Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.0
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 337.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g