1/1 Photo of Pioneer Woman's Salad Tacos
From the Pioneer Woman's website. It looks and sounds delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 whole taco shells
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, sliced very thin
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved (or diced regular tomatoes)
- 1 cup grated cheese, cheddar or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix (optional)
- extra hot sauce (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- 1Heat taco shells according to package directions. Set aside.
- 2Brown ground beef until fully cooked. Drain excess fat, then add taco seasoning, tomato paste, beans and hot water. Stir to combine, then add salt as needed. Keep warm.
- 3To make the dressing: Mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa, ranch dressing mix and hot pepper sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding salt and pepper if it needs it.
- 4To build the tacos, first fill the shell with plenty of lettuce. Spoon on some of the meat mixture, then add tomatoes and cheese. Top with a light drizzle of the dressing and serve immediately.
- 5Optional: add a little of the dressing on top of the letuce before adding the meat.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pioneer Woman's Salad Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.8
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 624.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 32.4 g